Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Best Software to Install on Your PC



Most of the time, when you purchase a new PC, everything is already installed – from the operating system down to the most common applications, pre-installed games, and even anti-virus software. Yes, especially anti-virus software. But do you think it is enough? How secure is your computer with the anti-virus software that you just installed?

Security software is really important even if it is just a home PC that you commonly use for browsing the Internet or checking your emails. But take note, everything starts from something small. Just like an innocent email with an attachment may be the start of a virus infection. Plugging in a USB device without scanning it first is another way of acquiring an infection. Or perhaps a simple click can automatically activate the unseen creatures in the form of malware, which can attack and harm your system. The most common types of malware are viruses, worms, Trojans, bots, rogue, spyware, and adware. These harmful entities perform in different ways but their main goal is to attack and destroy. You can say it’s somewhat a kind of online war game.

Well most, if not all, anti-virus software offers almost the same thing - protection. But which software offers more features and provides greater protection? It’s hard to tell, right? I guess you have to try a few first before you can actually make a sound decision. I, myself, have tried several until I bumped into this software that saved my own computer from crashing. It is called Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM).

Malwarebytes is an application that you can install on computers running under the Microsoft Windows operating system. Its main function is to find and remove malware. It comes with a free version and a paid version. The free version allows you to manually scan and remove infections. While the paid version provides additional features such as scheduled scans, real-time protection, and a flash memory scanner. The installation process is quick and easy. After installing it, you’ll be asked to perform an update, which is normally recommended. And just like any other security software, you have an option to select between Quick Scan and Full Scan. I usually go with Quick Scan, but if you would like to perform a thorough scan of the whole system, then go for Full Scan. Even if it’s more time consuming, I can assure you that it’s worth it, especially if you’re scanning for stubborn malware like Trojans and rogue security software.

I’ve been cleaning and optimizing computers for years now and Malwarebytes is what I always use when I scan for viruses. For me, it is very convenient because I can easily download it from the Internet whenever I need it. It is reliable, too. I’ve proven and tested it so many times and it never failed me.



Written By: Lovella Loveria - Supportrix Tech Engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment